Spotlight of the Month

Why my mommy is the best?

"Every mom in the world is the best." President James E. Faust once said,   " One of humankind’s greatest blessings is...

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Our Cotton Anniversary


a glimpse at  
our second year
(2016)
___________________________________________________________________________________

"Twinning Year 2"

This year was tough as we learn to work together as one. When I was on my mission, I realized what it meant to never run faster than my strength. Although you can do much each day, you also have to do things with a genuine motive. Working with a companion turned my strength to "OUR STRENGTH". It's like learning a routine with a dance partner. There will be times when you need to speed up to catch up or to slow down and wait. Same thing in marriage, there were many times, actually most of the time when we needed to stop for each other. It's never easy cause even up to now, we are still finding our harmony.

JANUARY
We became workmates. We hired Michael to be our new Office Supervisor. It was very challenging to work with your husband. We needed to set limits and be respectful with each other at all times. There were days when we had to pretend we are okay even after a stressful event or a fight. Though, it was hard, sometimes it gives us also opportunities to forgive each other faster.
I was very tired this year. Being pregnant was a roller coaster ride. The hormonal imbalance was real! I had a hard time coping with the ups and downs. The gloomy days were difficult. I didn't understand myself most of the time. I thought I was bipolar at some point. But the joy of being able to selflessly brought forth life into this mortal life was the best miracle I have ever seen in my life. I found a kind a love I thought never had existed.

FEBRUARY
We attended our first Valentine's Party at church. This month when both of us were called to serve in the Stake Youth Organization. We were promised that if we serve God with all of our souls, the baby will always be safe and will grow beautifully.
Church callings are blessings. It binds us with the Lord. When we magnify them, we see God's hand closely in our own lives. We see how His trust and love for us work miracles.

MARCH
It was in March when we found out we were expecting a baby girl. And now as I look at her each moment, I feel extremely blessed to be given this remarkable duty of "motherhood".
I love my baby so much. She teaches me about myself every passing day.
I knew it was a baby girl. Truly, a mother's instinct is wiser than any reasons.

APRIL
Our first baby was lucky. A brand new car we purchased on April 21, 2016. It's a 2015 Honda Brio Amaze model. It took a lot of study before we finally decided to get one. I love this car. I had no regrets. This goal taught me to be patient. We were so lucky to get exactly what we wanted but we waited big time. I was impressed that Michael was able to drive right away after a long time. He needed only a day to practice and regained his confidence. Now we can serve God faster and attend all of our commitments on time + no hassle. Our car is our second home.

MAY
This month was our first long travel when we attended the Youth Conference in Gabaldon, Nueva Ecija. This activity reminded me of my youth leaders. They told us many times that one day we will be the next leaders. And they were right. This was the first time when Michael and I gave a talk together during a devotional. It was so special to me. I love bearing my testimony with my baby inside my womb. I feel that our hearts were one.

JUNE
I was surprised by my husband together with the Relief Society Sisters from our ward. They are the best! They threw a baby shower for me. I received a lot of gifts from them. When you are close to delivering your baby, you really need all the support and the love you can get. This strengthened me. We were so busy preparing for the coming of our baby. We received a package from Ate Irene and Kuya Kev too. We also received a lot of kind words of encouragement.

JULY
We went to Subic on the 9th for our company team building. We checked-in at White Rock Beach Resort. We enjoyed our last date together before we became a family of three. It's interesting to remember that we were also at a beach in Bataan before we found out we were expecting. I love every moment with my husband alone. I'm loving the ocean more and more especially because my husband loves the creatures in it.
JULY 15- the life changing experience happened. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl.
What a glorious day! Congratulations to us NEW PARENTS!

AUGUST
On the 7th of this month, our baby received her naming and blessing ordinance. She was beautiful. I recorded her blessing  given by her daddy burgoooo! I was the pianist during this day too.
What a magnificent day!
On the 28th, Michael gave a talk about preparing to go on a mission during the Sunday Session of our Stake Conference. I was very nervous for him though I was confident that he will give a great talk. It's a cute experience for our little family. I knew Zephrine was listening attentively too.
She's a smart girl!

SEPTEMBER
We had our first Stake Seminary Class as youth leaders. We were assigned to be in-charged from now on. This month was also special because Zephrine finally met her grand father, Lolo Angelo Burgos.
We also met our relatives from my father side who currently reside in Balibago.
We had our first dance performance as a couple during our Stake Gold & Green Ball. We danced "Lambada" taught by Brother Gaborne.
September 27th was "Family Day"at SM Pampanga. This was Zephrine's first road trip. She didn't like it but I know she will soon.

OCTOBER
Happy 1st Birthday to me as a Mommy!
We celebrated this special day at Diner Cupcakes. I really like this place. Its a restau-bus!
This month was:
~ Zephrine's first trip to S&R
~Zephrine's first grocery experience at SaveMore
~Zephrine's first visit at the factory on our Halloween Party!
~Zephrine's first trick or treat at church. She was a bee.
I was a witch. Dad was Thor.
Michael and I performed a song number, "Mata". I played the guitar and he played the beatbox.

NOVEMBER
Happy Birthday Daddy Mike! We celebrated his special day at our new apartment. We moved last November 6. We wanted to increase our savings by minimizing our expenses.
We had our first family long road trip to Talavera, Nueva Ecija to attend Jonar's wedding. It was fun. Zephrine's did a great job. We were so lucky to have a free accommodation (1 night) at the resort where the reception took place.


DECEMBER
Another long road trip of our little family to Pangasinan. We went to San Manuel to see a Christmas Village. It was a great adventure. We also went to Calasiao to purchase their famous puto the next day. We attended Sister Kish Ticong's send-off party for her mission.
Zephrine went to temple for the first time too. We attended Tito Nep and Tita Madel's sealing on the 16th. She also met her Tita Michelle and Tito Boyet that same day. It was a very smooth trip although Zephrine cried a lot while we were attending a temple session. Then we headed straight to Bulacan and checked-in at Klir Waterpark Resort for our company's Christmas Party.
December 21 was our first Christmas Party as a family at church. It was a Hawaiian party.
Merry Christmas in Vigan, Ilocos Sur! We arrived there on the 24th for Noche Buena. We really wanted to make Zephrine's first Christmas very memorable. We also met with Tito Kyle, Baby Kyson , Tita Irish and the Lugolites in Tarlac on our way back to Pampanga. We slept over there for a night. They prepared a very good lunch, Ilocano style. Friendship is a gift. We were so grateful for this time when we can strengthen our relationship with the Vreekenators!
Finally, to end the year, we attended Dwayne's baptism in Bulacan. Mommy Nyles was one of the speakers. We met baby Cham Dulam too! It was fun! She's Zephrine's best friend!
I can't wait to make more memories and fill each day with gladness. Thank 2016. This year is truly remarkable!

OUR TOKEN FOR YEAR 2
Cotton Gifts: Bath robes and pillows


No comments:

Post a Comment