My 2017 Goals & Bucket List
Hello 2017. To make each year the "Best Year" we need to keep our lives in balance. Our soul is made up of our physical body and our spirit. The heart is the measure of our soul while the mind cultivates the person we become. These four intelligence and organizational needs according to Stephen Covey are the fragile balls we juggle each day. We must be watchful on how we take good care of each. As King Mosiah warned us, "But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not." (Mosiah 4:30)
Need: Financial & Health
Focus: Need (What drives your economic engine?)
Improve: Strength and Stamina, Self-Relience
1. To drink more water this year. [👍] I did drink more water this year. But I need to do better on this. I believe I can drink more for the love for my skin. haha!
2. To go back to the gym and regular exercise. To more endorphin! [👍] Yes, I was able to go back but I didn't endure till the end of the year [👎]. I don't feel like going back since I need more sleep each day.
3. To join a "FUN RUN" [👍] We did (2) this year, the bubble and the snoopy fun run.
4. To open a business. [👍] I attended a training for my dream business but I wasn't able to open it. However, I did open another business I called "Its.nyles Accesories". I am selling brooches, earrings, patches and socks.
5. To increase bank savings. [👍] We did better this year for us and also for little Z!
Need: Meaning, Integrity & Contribution
Focus: Consience (What does your conscience counsel?)
Improve: Spiritual Foundation, Vision and Service
1. Master my callings in the youth organization. [👍] By the way, I was called as the new Stake YW President this year. I am now more comfortable performing this responsibility.
2. To start being more involved in the Temple and Family History. Be an expert! [👍] I learned indexing this year. I also started the "My Family" booklet and I made a scrapbook for our family.
3. To be able to master self-control:
a. choose kindness over rudeness at all times and in all things and in all places. [I did try but needs lots and lots of improvements. ]
b. avoid any arguments, contention and anger. [ I did just okay with this one.]
c. to be a wise judge which is rooted from discipline and sacrifice. [Seek to understand first than to be understood. This is why learning is a continuing processs because it keeps you capable of seeing things in a bigger perspective.
4. To be a soft spoken so I can feel the spirit more in my life. [👎] I guess I toned down a little bit because I am not as loud as I was before.
5. Go back to fasting/month. [👍] Yes, we did this very well this year.
Focus: Passion (What you are deeply passionate about?)
Improve: Family, Relatives, Friends & Associates
Good Read: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1988/10/the-measure-of-our-hearts?lang=eng
1. To travel abroad with my family. Get Zephrine's passport. [👍] We went to Singapore!
2. To learn to work with my husband in harmony [👍]. Pray for him daily. [👎] I wasn't able to pray for him daily. I need to be a better wife.
3. To write once a month on my blog. (New songs, stories, articles, thoughts and etc.) [👎] I blogged and wrote as per my mood this year.
4. To fill our memory box with great days and read them on the night before New Year's. [👎] I filled it for about 50%.
5. I would like to start a tradition for myself, I would like to spend my birthday to something very noble as my personal thanksgiving. So this year, I would like to spend my birthday to an orphanage or house for the aged. Let's see if I'll be able to pull this out in October. [👍] I chose to give thanks to my co-worker instead and spent a wonderful day with Nanay, Michael and little Zephrine
Need: Growth and Development
Focus: Talent (What you can be the best in the world at?)
Improve: Certifications, Skills and Education
Good Read: https://www.facebook.com/TEDEducation/videos/1489398127740055/
1. To get 3 certifications this year. [👍] I received even more!!! :) Yahoo!
2. To get a driver's license and to drive. [👎] I practiced driving but failed for the license.
3. To learn a new skill: Archery, Movie Making & Photo Editing, Sewing [👍] I learned how to make tassle earings and enhance my skills in photography.
4. To read 6 business books (audio/written). [👎] I started reading Stephen Covey's books this year.
- PAY-OFF by Shoe Dog
Overall, 2017 was AMAZING!!!!!!! I did learn a lot and we had fun so much!!! Goals are like pledge we need to say out loud so we feel how they are engraven in our hearts. So there you are and here you go! Let's make 2018 roll!