Spotlight of the Month
FEBRUARY 26, 2015 Baggao, Cagayan Valley WOMANHOOD: "The Highest Place of Honor" “For her price is far above rubies!"(Pro...
Friday, April 1, 2016
Hubby's Cooking Specialty
"BOODOBO" - Hubby's version of the famous filipino dish ADOBO!
Chicken, Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Onions, Garlic, Black Pepper, Bay Leaves and Potatoes
Saute garlic and onions in cooking oil. Then add the chicken, fry until it turns golden brown. Add pepper and soy sauce. You may add a little amount of water and then add your chopped potatoes when the chicken is almost cooked. Once the chicken is completely tender, add vinegar. Remember to make sure the chicken is tender before adding the vinegar. Then finally, sprinkle the bay leaves!
And there you have it my child!
My hubby loves to cook "Filipino Dishes", and this is one of my favorites.
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome:
"BOONIE'S BEEF STEAK"
(1 pc) Lemon (or Calamansi)
(1/2 kilo) Beef
(2-3 tbsp) Oil
1. Marinate beef with lemon and soy sauce overnight.
2. Fry beef (drained) in oil and then rest for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Saute garlic in the same oil, then add the marinated sauce wait till it boils.
4. Add beef, water (optional) then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Finally, when the beef is perfectly tender, add your onion rings.
Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Hubby has a special recipe for mashed potatoes too. I will write it later.
"TINOLA ALA BURGY"
Oil, Hot Water
1/2 kilo, Chicken
Garlic, Onions, and Ginger
Sweet Papaya (not fully ripe)
Sili Leaves or Malungay
Sili ( Chili Pepper, Big)
Pepper and "Patis" (Fish Sauce)
Knorr Chicken Cubes
1. Saute garlic, onions, ginger in oil, and add 2 tbsp Patis.
2. Then, add the Chicken, wait till it turns golden brown. Sprinkle pepper.
3. Add hot water. Boil till Chicken is tender (as desired).
4. Put our sliced papaya and banana. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add the Knorr Chicken Cubes.
6. Lastly, put the Sili leaves and the Chili Pepper.