How to Prepare Spiritually for the LDS General Conference?
"Learn of me and listen to my words; walk in meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me." - Doctrine & Covenants 19:23
Bro. Manalo of Tabang Ward, Malolos Philippines Stake gave this talk last April 2015 when we were still attending Plaridel Ward in Bulacan to prepare the members for the upcoming General Conference. He suggested ways on how we can be more receptive to the Spirit as we hearken and listen intently to the words of the Lord through the leaders of His church.
1. Attend sacrament and focus.
This is a practice on how we can stay focus and attentive, also during temple session, stake conferences and general conferences.
2. Pray and fast.
3. Prepare inspired questions.
I am personally enjoying this one. Its' really interesting how the talks are truly inspired especially when a question was answered just so right and timely.
4. Download ahead of time the words, then read along as the prophets and apostles speak.
5. After conference, thank The Lord.
6. Ponder each week one talk and you will be ready for the next general conference.
7. Use social media to post photos of General Conference, lessons you learned and invitations.
(October 2013, Salt Lake City, Utah)