Spotlight of the Month

Why my mommy is the best?

"Every mom in the world is the best." President James E. Faust once said,   " One of humankind’s greatest blessings is...

Friday, April 1, 2016

Creativity in Action!





SHE- "Empowering Womanhood"



For this year 2016, I decided to do a new tradition called SHE. President Russel M. Nelson gave such a very powerful talk- " A Plea to My Sisters" last October 2015 General Conference.  In line with that, this is a project to strengthen womanhood by "Serving, Helping and Encouraging" girls, ladies, women, mothers, and grandmothers around me, and for a start, I made wedding invitations for a co-worker. While doing this task, I learned that in empowering others, I was able to enrich myself as well. I learned how to cut and fold cards nicely and to tie ribbons beautifully. Stuff like this is really close to my heart. It makes me happy and relieves my stress. I made 68 pcs total!!! Special thanks to my hubby for the support and the helping hands. I told him to go to bed but he said he wanted to wait for me. (--,)
I would like to quote the words of  President Packer and President Nelson's thoughts on the kind of women the Lord needs today. President Packer declared:
“We need women who are organized and women who can organize. We need women with executive ability who can plan and direct and administer; women who can teach, women who can speak out. …

“We need women with the gift of discernment who can view the trends in the world and detect those that, however popular, are shallow or dangerous.”
President Nelson added,
    Today, let me add that we need women who know how to make important things happen by their faith and who are courageous defenders of morality and families in a sin-sick world. We need women who are devoted to shepherding God’s children along the covenant path toward exaltation; women who know how to receive personal revelation, who understand the power and peace of the temple endowment; women who know how to call upon the powers of heaven to protect and strengthen children and families; women who teach fearlessly.


#SHEflynyles
End***



No comments:

Post a Comment